Listing Courtesy of Dielmann Sotheby's Intl Realty
6 / 5.1
Under Contract Status
Single Family Home
Check Drive Time
See how long it takes to get to work.
You only get to live in a house like this once in your lifetime. May we present..THE DUCHESS OF ELLENWOOD. One can only understand this space by experiencing it. This manse, built by and for Thomas Skinker, features generous light-filled rooms that are equal measures grand and intimate. Most of the updating and remodeling has already occured. Kitchen hearth room serves as epicenter of main level, while formal rooms segue to wrap around screened porch overlooking one of Clayton's largest and most expertly cultivated lot/gardens. Master suite oasis offers spa worthy luxury bath and private outdoor patio with commanding views. Media room with fireplace highlights family pajama lounge. Third floor 4 bedrooms can serve any/all purposes. Period artisan appointments on all levels keep this home Old World authentic. Situated in the heart of coveted Ellenwood neighborhood adjacent to Forest Park & Washington University. Some of St. Louis' most noteworthy residents have called the Duchess home.
||6464 Ellenwood Avenue
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Double Oven, Gas Cooktop, Refrigerator
- Security Lighting, Underground Util
- Ceiling Fan, Central-Electric, Zoned
- Forced Air, Radiator(S)
- Kitchen/Dining Combo,Separate Dining
- Built-In Bookcases,Coffered Ceilings,Historic/Period Mlwk,Some Window Treatmnt,10 foot ceilings,Walk-In Closets,Wetbar,Some Wood Floors
- Level Lot,Partial Fencing,Sidewalks,Streetlights
- Attached Garage,Garage Door Opener,Off Street,Rear/Side Entry
- St. Louis Association Of Realtor
- Hwy 64/40 to north on Big Bend, east on Wydown Blvd., north on University Lane then east on Ellenwood.
Property Listed By Dielmann Sotheby's Intl Realty
The data relating to real estate for sale on this site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity/IDX program of Mid America Regional Information Services (MARIS).“Listings displaying the MARIS logo are courtesy of the participants of Mid America Regional Information Systems Internet Data Exchange.” "Information From Third Parties, Deemed Reliable But Not Verified". You are advised to verify facts that are important to you. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, or for their use or interpretation by the user. Mid America Regional Information Services (MARIS) does not create, control or review the property data displayed herein and take no responsibility for the content of such records. Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin in the sale, rental or financing of housing. Copyright 2018 of Mid America Regional Information Services (MARIS). All rights reserved.